On The Biker Beat

Getting the word out for cancer research through endurance sports - LLS Team In Training!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Kickoff Meeting

Today was the Team In Training Kickoff meeting, where we met with other people who are joining the program. There wasn't a whole lot scheduled, just getting to know each other and eating (it was at Hideaway Pizza in OKC). I finally got signed up tonight. I'm going to do this.

On the fundraising side, I got a chance to talk to other people for ideas. I think I am going to try and plan some events to help raise the money. That way, the people who don't feel like they can just give their money to a worthy cause can at least get something out of it. And those who would never consider giving to charity can have some entertainment. I've got some ideas, but not sure how to pull them off. More to come.

For the training, I didn't get any done today. Between classes and work and going to this meeting, my whole day was shot. But since I did sign up today, I will be getting an official Team In Training schedule to help. Hopefully I will be able to fit it in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home